Post written by Raymund and Denielle Tamayo
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
We seldom think of encouragement as a gift, maybe because it can’t be bought as it is not a material thing. Others don’t see it as something to treasure because they thought it doesn’t cost a thing. In reality, it’s quite the opposite.
Encouragement is actually very rare because it is seldom given, and it is valuable because it is so meaningful to the recipient. Encouragement makes the perfect gift for a loved one. Here are reasons why:
1. It’s free. Now, don’t get us wrong here. It’s free because it doesn’t cost you money. But it doesn’t mean encouragement doesn’t have a cost. It may cost you time, creativity, and thoughtfulness. But all of that is what makes encouragement so appreciated. It requires something from you, and not just something from your wallet.
2. It requires no shopping. You don’t have to go to the mall for this gift. You are all that’s necessary.
3. It doesn’t have to be gift-wrapped. Attractive wrapping is needed to add appeal to a gift. But encouragement doesn’t need it. It is beautiful all by itself.
4. It is custom-designed. Encouragement is specially made for a recipient. You don’t have to worry about sizes, or colors, or flavors. You just have to make a careful thought to making your gift a perfect fit – the best expressions of comfort, peace, motivation, love, and support that someone needs to hear.
5. It will last a lifetime. Think about this: What other gift can you give to a child that he will carry and value after many years? Encouragement can do just that. A little word can make a huge difference and the results are life-changing.
And there’s one more thing about encouragement. No one can have too much of it. So don’t be stingy on this one. Give it every day and often.